Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bake N' Shark

So this food phenomenon deserves its own blog post. Also featured on Andrew Zimmern’s Bizarre foods and recommended to me by every Trini I talk to, bake n’ shark was top of my list of foods to try. After today it is top of my list of foods ever. At Maracas Beach there is a place called Richard’s which is the best place to get the specialty apparently. Our driver, Ivan, drove Andrew Zimmern to the place for the tv show and we heard from others that it was the best place hands down. I’m one to trust the locals’ suggestions so we hit it up. I ordered one bake n’ shark and the man behind the counter sliced open a fresh roll, plopped two pieces of fried shark into the sandwich and handed it to me. To complete the sandwich, there was a whole table full of condiments and after observing those before me I realized it was typical to put a couple dollops of everything. Cilantro sauce, hot garlic sauce, ketchup, mustard, mayo, cucumber, lettuce, cabbage, tomato, hot sauce, mango sauce, and pineapple. Quite a combo, but let me tell you, it all comes together in a concoction of pure deliciousness. I now understand why this is always recommended and I plan on eating many more while I am here. YUM.
Here's the clip from Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Food to give you a better idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh9CWFcps1w

No comments:

Post a Comment