Monday, July 26, 2010

Plumbing Fun

Today unfortunately our toilet stopped working properly, it actually just wouldn’t even make an effort to flush which was a real issue with 4 people sharing one bathroom. When I got home after some errands today, Monica was in the bathroom, with a wrench and water spraying helplessly everywhere. I would have no idea where to start when it comes to anything to do with plumbing or handiwork so I was impressed with her professional attitude towards the fussy pipe. For about an hour she was at it, water flowing and stopping randomly, finally asking Byron for help so there were two people in a tiny bathroom with buckets and water spraying everywhere. As much as I wanted to help I felt that my presence as a third person who didn’t really know what they’re doing in a small bathroom would be more destructive than helpful. A couple hours of labor and grunting and “chuta madres” later and we have a dry and functioning bathroom. And all the time they were laughing and joking and brainstorming. I guess instead of being a nuisance a leaky toilet is an opportunity for a fun family challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment