Monday, June 7, 2010

Paradise

This weekend I found a piece of paradise at Las Cuevas Bay. We tried out a different beach a little further down the windy road along the coast. I was already in love with Maracas but this was even better. It is located in a cove that cuts into the mountainous green jungle, lined with glimmering palm trees and soft white sand. There weren’t that many people on the beach and those who were there played some football on the beach or frolicked in the huge waves. It was so chill and happy. I walked down the beach and after about 200 ft there were no people just the sand and waves and a beautiful view. Around the loop of the cove I found the caves and a mini cove that looked as if it could have been untouched by man. The sun shone through the leaves, the insects sounded like buzz saws, and the holes in the small cliffs gulped down the sea water. I sat there for awhile, thinking, taking it all in. I felt pure happiness to be taking in such beauty. I felt almost guilty. I wished I had my camera but I know there was no way I could have captured the ethereality of the light, the air, the sky, the mist. But I will remember it. (Photo credit: Michelle Bilodeau)


No comments:

Post a Comment